[SciPy-dev] fftw3 support

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Fri Jul 22 06:15:22 EDT 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Fernando Perez wrote:

> Matt Fishburn wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've attached patches against the current cvs source for fftw3 support in
>> scipy.  I've only tested these under x86 *nix (debian with various
>> combinations of fftw-dev and fftw3-dev installed).  Could a few people
>> please try the patches and send build feedback?
>>
>> fft-c-source.diff is diff'ed against the c source/header files in
>> Lib/fftpack/src and system_info.diff is diff'ed against the build detection
>> code in scipy_core/scipy_distutils/system_info.py
>
> I also ran a test on this and it worked fine for me.

Are you sure that you ran the tests against scipy.fftpack with fftw3
support? There were few bugs that caused some unittests to fail. The bugs
are now fixed but it would be nice if new patches would not break the
scipy tests in future (though it's a clever way to get attention:).

Matt, thanks for sending the patches. Fernando, thanks for making sure
that patches were applied.

Regards,
Pearu