[SciPy-dev] Merged numarray branch

Norbert Nemec Norbert.Nemec.list at gmx.de
Tue Jan 11 08:35:09 EST 2005

How about adding one more way to configure numerix: apart from checking the
command line and the environment, one could also check a global variable
'numerix':

 if 'numerix' in globals().keys():
  which = globals()['numerix'], 'global variable'

That way, one could simply do a

 globals()['numerix'] = 'numarray'
 from scipy import *

at the beginning of a script without worrying about the environment.