[SciPy-dev] install problems, SUSE, check_heev

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Feb 3 17:04:11 EST 2005

Pearu Peterson wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Fernando Perez wrote:
>

>>I'm sorry that I can't offer to do detailed testing with compiler flags right
>>now.  But if anyone can put up a set of P4SSE2 ATLAS packages compiled with
>>-O3, and NO -fno-f2c, I can certainly rebuild all of CVS scipy quickly and
>>confirm whether the segfaults on heev are gone or not.
>

> I have uploaded  atlas3.6.0_Linux_P4SSE2.tgz and
> atlas3.6.0_Linux_P4SSE2_2HT.tgz to
> http://www.scipy.org/download/atlasbinaries/linux/ that contain
> LAPACK libraries compiled with gcc 3.4.4 and -O3, and without -fno-f2c.
> Old files (the ones with -fno-f2c in LAPACK compilation) are in
> http://www.scipy.org/download/atlasbinaries/linux/old/.

Good news!  I rebuilt my Numeric 23.7 RPM as well just to be safe (though I'm
not sure it would have mattered):

In [3]: scipy.test(10)

[...]

.Testing weibull_min
Ran 1314 tests in 76.035s

OK
Out[3]: <unittest.TextTestRunner object at 0x44cd5d2c>

And there was much rejoicing!

This is great, I'll update all our boxes now.  If at any point you have time
to make PIIISSE1 binaries, that would be awesome (our laptops are all P3s).
But no hurries at all.

Your binaries are really a huge time/work saver for many of us.  Can't thank
you enough :)

Regards,