[SciPy-dev] Absoft & Scipy

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Thu Feb 3 13:44:42 EST 2005

Stephen Walton wrote:

> I need to minimize the time I spend doing admin tasks (see my recent
> conversation with Fernando) and would rather not have to add fftw to
> the list of things I have to compile myself with special switches to
> keep scipy working.

I should clarify this.  What I really meant was that I put the -g77
switch in /opt/absoft/default.opt so my users can compile Fortran
against the Fedora-provided fftw libraries without having to do anything
special.  I realize that Scipy goes through the C interface to fftw and
therefore will work with the Fedora RPM's without difficulty.