[SciPy-dev] install problems, SUSE, check_heev

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Feb 3 13:28:24 EST 2005

Stephen Walton wrote:
> Pearu Peterson wrote:
>

>>On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Arnd Baecker wrote:
>>

>>>BTW, would a  "use -O3" (just for the lapack part)
>>>be of interest to you?
>>

>>Yes. That would answer the question, was it compiler optimization bug
>>or -fno-f2c bug,
>

> Just for my datum, I found -O3 works fine at gcc 3.3 or later, and it
> was definitely -fno-f2c which broke my install.  According to a comment
> I saw somewhere out there, -O3 only breaks LAPACK at gcc 3.2 or earlier.

I'm sorry that I can't offer to do detailed testing with compiler flags right
now.  But if anyone can put up a set of P4SSE2 ATLAS packages compiled with
-O3, and NO -fno-f2c, I can certainly rebuild all of CVS scipy quickly and
confirm whether the segfaults on heev are gone or not.

That's the advantage of the new, improved scipy build process: a full rebuild
takes exactly one line of typing (with the automatic RPM builder for ATLAS
binary tarballs).

Cheers,