[SciPy-dev] install problems, SUSE, check_heev

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Thu Feb 3 04:03:16 EST 2005

Hi,

I am going through my yearly torture to install an up-to-date
scipy&Co on SUSE for our computational physics course:

Installation of scipy works fine, but
  import scipy ; scipy.test(1,verbosity=10)
gives
  check_heev  (scipy.lib.lapack.test_lapack.test_flapack_complex)
  Speicherzugriffsfehler = "memory error"

I am not quite sure if this is related to the long thread ending with
  http://www.scipy.org/mailinglists/mailman?fn=scipy-dev/2004-December/002742.html

So before I really start digging through all the suggestions
there I would like to hear your advice!

System details:
- machine: athlon i386
- SUSE 9.2
- Python 2.3.4 (#1, Feb  2 2005, 14:30:47)
- scipy from CVS (yesterday):
    In [1]: import scipy
    numerix Numeric 23.7
    In [2]: scipy.__version__
    Out[2]: '0.3.3_302.4564'
-   F2PY-2.45.241_1926
- atlas3.6.0_Linux_ATHLONSSE1.tgz
  (from http://www.scipy.org/download/atlasbinaries/linux/)
- gcc version 3.3.4 (pre 3.3.5 20040809)

Any comments/suggestions are very much appreciated, many thanks,

Arnd

P.S.: The origin of the pain on my side is that I normally
use debian (and everything works so nicely there ;-) ...