[SciPy-dev] big in records fromfile

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Fri Dec 30 03:38:38 EST 2005

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> I don't see a problem with checking in a FITS file (if it's not too
> big).   However, setup.py needs someway to know it is supposed to be
> distributed (either the MANIFEST.in file) or adding it to the depends
> keyword in one of the packages.

A proper way to include this data file to distribution would be to use

   config.add_data_files(join('tests','testdata.fits'))

method in scipy/base/setup.py file. However, since there is already

   config.add_data_dir('tests')

that includes all files in tests/ directory to distribution, nothing needs
to be done for testdata.fits. You can check this via

   python setup.py sdist

and check the generated dist/scipy_core*.tag.gz file.

Regards,
Pearu