[SciPy-dev] Different number of tests

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Dec 21 04:31:19 EST 2005

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Nils Wagner wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have installed the latest svn versions of core and scipy on two
> different machines.
>
> On the first box
> scipy.test(1,10)
> Ran 1372 tests in 8.086s
>
> FAILED (failures=1)
> <unittest.TextTestRunner object at 0x47fed68c>
>
> On the second box
> Ran 1230 tests in 7.358s
>
> FAILED (failures=1)
> <unittest.TextTestRunner object at 0xb2908c8c>
>
> What is the reason for the difference in the number of tests (1372
> versus 1230) ?

if you do scipy.test(1) (or 10) you should see a summary like

  Found 4 tests for scipy.io.array_import
  Found 128 tests for scipy.linalg.fblas
  Found 2 tests for scipy.base.umath
  Found 10 tests for scipy.integrate.quadpack
  Found 92 tests for scipy.stats.stats
  Found 9 tests for scipy.base.twodim_base
  Found 36 tests for scipy.linalg.decomp
  Found 50 tests for scipy.sparse.sparse
  Found 20 tests for scipy.fftpack.pseudo_diffs
  Found 6 tests for scipy.optimize.optimize

Comparing these two lists should reveal, where less tests
are found.

Best, Arnd