[SciPy-dev] scipy distutils questions

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Dec 14 16:15:27 EST 2005

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Pearu Peterson wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Arnd Baecker wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Pearu Peterson wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> >> Thanks for the data. I have fixed cpuinfo.py, could you try again?
> >> I would expect the following output:
> >>     getNCPUs=64 is_64bit is_Itanium
> >
> > Almost:
> >
> > python scipy/distutils/cpuinfo.py
> > CPU information: getNCPUs=64 is_32bit is_Itanium
>
> The was a typo in _is_64bit method of cpuinfo class and should now be
> fixed. If not, could you take a look at cpuinfo.py and fix it for your
> platform.

Does not yet work:

U    scipy/distutils/cpuinfo.py
Updated to revision 1658.
baecker at merkur:~/INSTALL_PYTHON2/CompileDir/CompileNEW/core> python
scipy/distutils/cpuinfo.py
CPU information: getNCPUs=64 is_32bit is_Itanium

See my other mail which should be just arriving now ;-)
which should explain what is failing.
If not, I will check tomorrow morning (doing
these things over modem is not 100% fun ;-).

Best, Arnd