[SciPy-dev] scipy distutils questions

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Wed Dec 14 02:29:01 EST 2005

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Arnd Baecker wrote:

> Because of this I tried to debug this a bit,
> but already running  `systeminfo.py` does not work:
>
> core> python scipy/distutils/system_info.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "scipy/distutils/system_info.py", line 112, in ?
>    from exec_command import find_executable, exec_command, get_pythonexe
>  File
> "/home/abaecker/BUILDS2/Build_104/core/scipy/distutils/exec_command.py",
> line 58, in ?
>    from log import _global_log as log
>  File "/home/abaecker/BUILDS2/Build_104/core/scipy/distutils/log.py",
> line 7, in ?
>    from scipy.distutils.misc_util import red_text, yellow_text, cyan_text
> ImportError: No module named scipy.distutils.misc_util

That's strange. scipy/distutils/log.py is there but
scipy/distutils/misc_util.py isn't, both are python modules... you can try
   PYTHONPATH=. python scipy/distutils/system_info.py

Anyway, I have fixed system_info.py to detect atlas version when running
from scipy core source directory as python scipy/distutils/system_info.py.
May be that fix fixes also the above error.

I'll look into other scipy.distutils problems as well..

Pearu