[SciPy-dev] fft segfault, 64 Bit Opteron

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Dec 9 16:20:14 EST 2005

Andrew Straw wrote:

>FYI, on my Athlon64 (Debian sarge, gcc 3.3, stock atlas), I'm not
>getting segfaults using scipy.test(10,10) but only a single failure.
>This is a svn checkout last night, so it may lag slightly, but it seems
>to indicate Arnd's segfaults may reflect a gcc vs. icc issue.
>
>In [2]: scipy.__core_version__
>Out[2]: '0.8.1.1611'
>
>In [3]: scipy.__scipy_version__
>Out[3]: '0.4.3.1479'

>FAIL: check_odeint1 (scipy.integrate.test_integrate.test_odeint)
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File
>"/home/astraw/py24-amd64/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/integrate/tests/test_integrate.py",
>line 51, in check_odeint1
>    assert res < 1.0e-6
>AssertionError

Finally tracked this one down.  It was a problem with a Fortran array
getting created inappropriately because when I changed the
implementation of the back-wards compatible Numeric C-API for
PyArray_FromDims, I made a mistake so that Fortran arrays always got
created.  Now, what surprises me is that it didn't cause more problems.
I suppose that's because f2py does not use PyArray_FromDims anymore.

But, lots of other people's code does I'm sure.... Anyway it should be
fixed and now all scipy tests pass for me again.

-Travis