[SciPy-dev] fft segfault, 64 Bit Opteron

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Fri Dec 9 13:39:04 EST 2005

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Andrew Straw wrote:

> FYI, on my Athlon64 (Debian sarge, gcc 3.3, stock atlas), I'm not
> getting segfaults using scipy.test(10,10) but only a single failure.
> This is a svn checkout last night, so it may lag slightly, but it seems
> to indicate Arnd's segfaults may reflect a gcc vs. icc issue.

Sorry if I created confusion by trying to install scipy on too many
machines. Presently we have dumped icc for almost all purposes
(apart from those like ATLAS, which penetrantly finds
icc, even if it is removed from any paths - rumours say
that icc is even found when the corresponding hard disk
is disconnected ... ;-) ((sorry could not resist - just the signs
of 5 days of installation troubles ...)))

The reported segfault comes from a gcc only installation
(fortunately there is no icc on that 64 Bit Opteron ...)

Best,

Arnd

P.S.: the check_odeint1 is a persistent failure
(don't remember in which version this was introduced - around
the beginning of this week?)