[SciPy-dev] stupid namespace question

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Dec 2 13:38:23 EST 2005

Christopher Hanley wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In the past, I have always done imports of the form "from scipy.base
>import records".  However, the following import raises an ImportError:
>"from scipy import records"
>
>My (simple) understanding was that everything in the scipy.base
>namespace was included in the scipy namespace.  Am I missing something
>obvious?

No, just that I haven't fully "enabled" the records module since I'm
still working on it :-)

So, for now you have to get it from the full path name.  Eventually it
should be accessible like that.

I'm currently re-thinking what I was doing with the records array.  I
think some more things need to be done on the fundamental array object
in order to support nested records better.

-Travis