[SciPy-dev] stats._support and stats.anova ... SVN

Perry, Alexander (GE Infrastructure) Alex.Perry at ge.com
Thu Aug 18 12:55:12 EDT 2005

I've just spent some time looking through the call heirarchy that underlies scipy.stats.anova() and there is considerable bitrot from years of neglect.  Does anybody know when this was last known to work ?  It looks like it would be easier to take an old working version and update it to the current python and scipy versions, than to fix the subtle interactions and side effects.

Separately to that, can someone suggest a timeline on which the SVN tree will be up and able to build itself again?  With the project repository broken, maybe I should fork (it'd be a branch, if we had a repository), fix up the stuff I need using local CVS, wait for the SVN to become stable, migrate my fork to become a branch, then merge the branch.  Anybody disagree?