[SciPy-dev] Control Systems Module, Issues

Venkat Raghavan venkatraghavan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 20:12:58 EDT 2005

Hi

Is it okay to implement the functions, name-wise, as it is done in
Matlab. For example, say the series function in Matlab is implemented
as : series(first param, second param). Is it okay to use the same
function names?

I think it's okay, but as I have never done this before, I am not sure.
Also, this has the added advantage of easy portability of code across
from Matlab, and lesser learning curve (if any).

I've got my books out, and hope to have some results soon. The whole
control systems module seems 'very doable' right now :)

Regards,
Venkat