[SciPy-dev] Control Systems Module

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Wed Apr 20 06:52:54 EDT 2005

Venkat Raghavan V.C. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to scipy and python. I have some experience in programming in
> C, and compiling stuff. I do have good control systems knowledge,
> including the math!
>
> I would like to write a Control Systems module for scipy, similiar to
> the one in Matlab. I have done quite a bit of programming in Matlab,
> though I don't think that's going to help me out in this regard,
> except maybe regarding design.

Fantastic!

> The problem is, how do I get started off? I have about 3 months of
> time during summer which I intend to have finished this off. I would
> be grateful if someone gives me a general overview on how to go about
> it.

Not knowing anything specific about control theory codes, I can really
only give some general advice. And in fact, most of the advice I can
give is to use f2py wherever possible! I think your code would probably
go into its own scipy.control subpackage. Other than that, look around
scipy for analagues to mimic.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu