[SciPy-dev] MCMC, Kalman Filtering, AI for SciPy?

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Thu Sep 30 07:47:24 EDT 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, eric jones wrote:

>> Should we release Scipy 0.3.2 before the transition to SVN?
>
> Seems like a good idea to do a final release with all that you, Travis O.,
> and others have added before we make any of the big changes we're all
> discussing.
>
> Do you have time to do the tag/build/release process?  If so, what is the
> timeline for doing so?
> Of course, we should get some testing feedback on the main platforms with the
> current CVS before doing this.  Besides that, does anyone have any specific
> (small) things to address before we do so?  If so, what is the timeframe?

I am currently running scipy build/install/test on different systems that
I have access to, they are Debian, Gentoo, WinNT with cygwin,mingw32,msvc.
It should take a day if there will be no major bugs to be fixed.
[On 64bit gentoo there are currently 12 failures and 2 errors in
scipy.test().]
After that I could start the scipy release process. Once we have tagged
the  tree, we can start building the binaries.

Travis O., do you have anything to commit that should go into 0.3.2?

Prabhu wanted to add few examples to weave during the weekend. That is OK
with me as it does not affect the build process.

Now, if we could have SVN repository set up in scipy.org site then
we could make the release by the end of this week. If setting up SVN
repository takes more time then we can wait Prabhu patches and make
the release once scipy.org SVN repository is up.

Btw, I'll be away on Sunday.

Pearu