[SciPy-dev] Re: Performance Python with Weave article updated

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Sep 21 20:57:40 EDT 2004

    ML> Hi Prabhu Prabhu Ramachandran <prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in>
    ML> writes:
    >> Just to let you know that I've updated the article on weave
    >> compared with other options here:
    >>
    >> http://www.scipy.org/documentation/weave/weaveperformance.html

    ML> Thanks for that article. Are you sure that the following line
    ML> does what you mean?

    ML> u[i,j] = ((u[i-1, j] + u[i+1, j])*dy^2 +

    ML> Exponentiation in Python is with **, not with ^

The first code sample was meant to be pseudo-code.  It looks like
Python, but is not working code.  Only the subsequent code samples
represent working Python code and there I use ** and not ^.  Perhaps,
I should change it anyway in the interest of consistency.  Thanks for
bringing it up.

cheers,
prabhu