[SciPy-dev] SciPy WishList and Priorities

eric jones eric at enthought.com
Sun Sep 12 05:32:25 EDT 2004

Hey group,

One of the request at the SciPy '04 conference was a list of priorities,
etc. that the developers felt needed to be addressed.  It is a target
rich environment... :-)

I've put together a stream-of-conciousness set of notes on the Wiki with
my 0.02 worth.  Travis )., Pearu, and others, feel free to add to this.

    http://www.scipy.org/wikis/featurerequests/PrioritiesAndWishlist

I haven't really specified an priorities or actionable plans yet (feel
free to add this yourself...), but we know have a place to start discussing.

Thanks for all who came to the conference.  I thought it was another
great success and there was a lot of useful discussion about where we
should go and how.  It really feels like to community is becoming
organized and mature enough to attack some of the issues that have been
outstanding for a long time.  Hopefully the community will make notable
progress by the time SciPy '05 roles around.

thanks,
eric