[SciPy-dev] Plan for releasing Scipy 0.3.2

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Wed Oct 6 18:19:48 EDT 2004

Pearu Peterson schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I think we are ready to make the release: with the recent Scipy from CVS
> all tests pass ok on Debian (sid) P4 and AMD MP boxes, Gentoo Opteron box,
> and a WinNT box.
>
> If you think that there are some important bugs to be fixed, you still got
> about 12 hours. I plan to tag Scipy CVS tree tomorrow morning (Estonian
> time), create tar-balls, etc. See
>
>    http://www.scipy.org/development/releasescipy.txt
>
> for relevant tasks.
>
> Please, let me know if there is any reason that I should hold on for
> tagging CVS tree.

Just for the record, on my Fedora core 2 box, with CVS scipy from a moment ago:

planck[~/misc]> python
Python 2.3.3 (#1, May  7 2004, 10:31:40)
[GCC 3.3.3 20040412 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.3-7)] on linux2

In [1]: import scipy

In [2]: scipy.__version__
Out[2]: '0.3.1_287.4334'

In [3]: scipy.test(level=10)
    !! No test file 'test_Mplot.py' found for <module 'scipy.xplt.Mplot' from
'...-packages/scipy/xplt/Mplot.pyc'>
    !! No test file 'test_lena.py' found for <module 'scipy.plt.lena' from
'...te-packages/scipy/plt/lena.pyc'>

... A bunch more of these, I don't know if they matter.  I can post the full
list if it matters.

Then, after a while:

.Testing weibull_max
.Testing weibull_min
Ran 986 tests in 115.357s

OK

So here, things are looking pretty good (except for the gui_thread thingie
elsewhere in this thread).

Best,