[SciPy-dev] gui_thread: works with 2.4.x and 2.5.x!

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sat Oct 2 14:46:02 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

Finally, some good news!  I have gui_thread working nicely using both
wxPython 2.4.x and 2.5.x on Linux.  I've tested this on Debian Sarge
with wxPython-2.5.2.8u (built from source) and wxPython-2.4.2.6
installed via apt-get install libwxgtk2.4-python.

With the new code I am able to run the respective wxPython demo's
interactively from within IPython and script it!

I've checked in this into CVS.  Please test it out and let me know if
there are problems.

cheers,
prabhu