[SciPy-dev] Re: [Scipy-cvs] world/scipy_core/scipy_distutils from_template.py, 1.6, 1.7

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Fri Oct 1 13:19:29 EDT 2004

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Travis Oliphant wrote:

>> What is the reason that process_str() lowers its input?
>> There may be other macros in addition to MIN, MAX that .pyf files may
>> contain and it would be nice to if process_str would not lower the input.
>>

> I think because fortran is not case-sensitive and it made some of the
> programming easier at first.   But, you are right that it does seem to create
> problems that will only grow.  A better fix is to not alter the input.  I
> didn't want to worry about that last night....

Using re.I in the arguments of re functions should force case-insensitivity
where required (e.g. matching subroutine|function blocks etc.).

At the moment the current approach is fine with me but in future (after
0.3.2) I'd like to make from_template.py more robust as it is used also
for a .pyf file which content is case-sensitive.

Pearu