[SciPy-dev] pynotes

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Fri Nov 19 14:34:05 EST 2004

    >> I build from CVS and install.  I suspect my atlas setup is
    >> somewhat messed up.  I haven't had the chance to examine the
    >> problem in any detail.

    PP> The output of `python system_info.py lapack_opt` may give some
    PP> hints.  Also, `rm -rf build` might help if system setup is ok.

Yes, that is what I am trying.  I think I had a wrong set of
atlas/lapack packages.  I had the older lapack package but the newer
atlas3 package.  I am upgrading to lapack3, a related issue is
documented in INSTALL.txt and the fix suggested is:

  1) Remove Lib/linalg/clapack.pyf
  2) Rebuild/reinstall scipy.

I'll try that and see if it helps.

I just checked the system_info.py lapack_opt and things look ok.  I'll
see if a clean rebuild fixes things.

thanks.
prabhu