[SciPy-dev] Xplt problems

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Nov 11 16:08:05 EST 2004

Travis Oliphant schrieb:

> I'm not sure who that is.  My experience is not huge and I'm don't know
> anyone with more experience than me (except the original authors and a
> handful of others none of whom are active on the scipy lists)
>
> So, I'm writing to say sorry.  I don't think these issues will be
> addressed before the next Enthon release...

Quick question: is matplotlib going to be included in Enthon?  I was under the
impression that (following the ASP discussion) the plan was to promote
matplotlib more visibly for new users, leaving xplt/gplt & friends there only
for existing users whose code relies on them.

I view xplt/gplt as stop-gap measures which will ultimately be replaced by
matplotlib and/or Chaco, so I would rather see the developer's limited
resources go towards other fronts.  But perhaps I'm misinterpreting something
in the 'plan'.

Best,