[SciPy-dev] wgnuplot.exe dependency in 0.3.2

Joe Cooper joe at enthought.com
Thu Nov 11 03:48:41 EST 2004

Arnd Baecker wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Joe Cooper wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I'm working on the next revision of Enthon today, and it looks like
>

> Sorry for throwing in another issue here:
>
> In October I send a mail concerning various issues with
> scipy.xplt,
> http://www.scipy.org/mailinglists/mailman?fn=scipy-dev/2004-October/002425.html
>
> Most importantly there are a couple of
> differences between Windows and Linux.
> It would be nice if these could get fixed before a new Enthon
> release for Windows is made.

I'm not the guy to fix them, but I reckon the folks who are might be
reading.  ;-)

> P.S.: In view of the discussion in the ASP thread:
> Are you also considering to package documancer,
>   http://documancer.sourceforge.net/download.php

Certainly not this release, and if I have my druthers, probably in no
release in the future.  As far as I know, nothing on the ASP
documentation front has really be decided--the debate is still up in the
air, and documancer is quite large and has huge complicated dependencies
(wxMozilla, swish-e, mozilla, perl, etc.).  I doubt documancer is the
right solution to the documentation problem, but I've been wrong before.
  I'll try to find time to weigh in on the documentation discussion
sometime soon, and maybe we can herd all the cats in the same general
direction and actually get some documentation written rather than just
talked about.