[SciPy-dev] wgnuplot.exe dependency in 0.3.2

Brett Olivier bgoli at sun.ac.za
Thu Nov 11 01:39:23 EST 2004

Hi

There are some Windows users using wgnuplot :-)

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 19:37, Pearu Peterson wrote:

> Unless windows users will speak up loudly, I would remove wgnuplot.exe
> from scipy CVS repository. A source code repository is a wrong place to
> save binary programs, especially if they are platform dependent.

Although removing it from CVS is not a problem, it is very convenient to have
it as part of a SciPy installation.  Perhaps wgnuplot/gnuplot_helper.exe can
be made available for download somewhere else on the scipy site?

What would be helpful is if a Windows source bundle (say the .zip
distribution) included wgnuplot/gnuplot_helper so that scipy could be
compiled "out the box".  Or alternatively, just instructions to on how to
download/install the gnuplot executables.

Brett

--
Brett G. Olivier
Triple-J Group for Molecular Cell Physiology, Stellenbosch University

There are many intelligent species in the universe, and they all own cats.