[SciPy-dev] gui_thread issue

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Mon Nov 8 00:34:40 EST 2004

eric jones wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>

>>eric jones wrote:
>>

>>>One more thing.  Now that I have the necessary "readline" module in
>>>my site-packages to make ipython colorize correctly, Ctrl-Z no longer
>>>works to exit a standard python shell or ipython.  Has anyone else
>>>had similar problems?  Ctrl-C sometimes exits ipython, sometimes
>>>not.  I use "import sys;sys.exit()" to exit standard python prompts.
>>

>>Ctrl-D should work now as is standard on Unix-type platforms.
>>

> Cool.  Thanks.  That does the trick.

Somehow the windows readline changes the default windows behavior.

> This message should be changed though...
>
> In [2]: exit
> Out[2]: 'Use Ctrl-Z plus Return to exit. Use @Exit or @Quit to exit
> without confirmation.'

Yes, Exit/Quit will still allow you to quit immediately.  The message actually
is the default python exit message, with the @Exit part added at the end.
I'll just change it manually under Windows if I detect readline to be correct,
so that things are more in line with reality.

Cheers,