[SciPy-dev] gui_thread issue

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Sat Nov 6 17:00:07 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 14:02 -0700, Fernando Perez wrote:
>  I never really got anything fancy
> going.  The matplotlib hack is completely specific to matplotlib, because
> ipython and matplotlib are basically cooperating.  John added a flag inside
> the matplotlib code to indicate who is in control of the mainloop, and when
> ipython runs in -pylab mode, ipython handles this.

Fernando do you get anything weird if you use @Quit after 'ipython
-pylab'?  When I do it from IPython 0.6.3 + matplotlib 0.63.4 + numarray
1.1, I get a message 'IPythonExit' but the shell prompt never returns.
I'm using the GTKAgg backend.

Steve

--
Stephen Walton, Professor of Physics and Astronomy,
California State University, Northridge
stephen.walton at csun.edu