[SciPy-dev] gui_thread issue

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Sat Nov 6 05:47:00 EST 2004

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

>    FP> Pearu Peterson schrieb:
>    >> Interesting idea. Here's another possibility to execute `import
>    >> gui_thread;gui_thread.start()`:
>    >>
>    >> import gui_thread.start
>
>    FP> Sure.  Short and sweet.  The final question is whether to list
>    FP> start in gui_thread's __all__, since this determines the
>    FP> behavior of a
>
> That sounds like a good plan.  We could also use this::
>
> import gui_thread.wx_start
>
> Just in the rare case that someone comes up with working gui_thread
> code for other toolkits?

I agree.
gui_thread.start could contain a code to pick up default backend to
gui_thread.

> In any case, should this be done now or once SciPy moves to SVN?

I'd say now. Moving to SVN seems to delay but we should not stop
contributing to scipy because of that. It does not matter much whether
patches go to CVS or to SVN repository, SVN has an advantage only when
we want to move directories around in the code repository.

Pearu