[SciPy-dev] Accessible SciPy (ASP) project

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Mon Nov 1 12:12:20 EST 2004

    PP> On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, eric jones wrote:
[...]
    PP> Btw, I have found that learning ReST is no way simpler than
    PP> learning LaTeX. ReST is still in flux while LaTeX has been
    PP> stable for decades. And setting up infrastructure for LaTeX is
    PP> not that difficult.  Google:"latex windows" gives lots of
    PP> helpful step-by-step instructions.

I've heard a lot about MiKTeX.  For the non-Emacs users this looks
good for LaTeX editing.

 http://www.texniccenter.org/front_content.php?idcat=26

The MediaWiki folks also appear to use some form of LaTeX markup for
their equations and their math pages look pretty good.

 http://www.mediawiki.org

When it comes to doing math right, I don't think LaTeX has any
competitors in the picture.  Besides, LaTeX scales really nicely too,
so its easy to write a large book with it.

cheers,
prabhu