[SciPy-dev] PyFace question

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Mon May 17 14:31:55 EDT 2004

eric jones wrote:

> I do know the PyFace design is very much based on JFace (a Java tool
> set) like paradigm and uses Traits extensively.  I am not sure whether
> it would benefit from being layered on top of or being integrated with
> these other tools.  This has largely been Martin's effort, so I will
> leave any specifics to him.

I've seen what Traits can do.  If PyFace is tightly coupled to Traits, then it
probably makes sense for PyFace to be fully developed as a separate project.
Traits are amazing, and having a gui layer which intelligently uses them is
probably a very worthwile development.  Thanks for the clarification, Eric.

Best,

f.