[SciPy-dev] Another issue with scipy_distutils and FORTRAN files

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Mon Mar 29 12:04:22 EST 2004

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, [ISO-8859-15] Berthold Höllmann wrote:

> Our FORTRAN code often uses "include" statements. The FORTRAN compiler
> we use (DF 6.1, ifc 7.1,  WorkShop 6 update 2 Fortran) recognize the
> -I flag for pointing to an include directory. I seems scipy_distutils
> have lost the ability to regognize the "include_dirs" argument to
> "Extensions". The compiler does not find the include files anymore.

Hmm, I just checked and I could not reproduce this: paths in
the include_dirs keyword argument of an Extension class are shown
in `compile options:`. Try for example

  cd scipy_distutils/tests/f2py_f90_ext
  python setup.py config_fc --fcompiler=intel build

after updating/installing scipy_core and f2py from CVS.

However, f2py was not able to find the include files. This is now fixed
in f2py CVS.

Regards,
Pearu