[SciPy-dev] CVS scipy.test() segfaulting on me on a Fedora2 box

Charles Harris charles.harris at sdl.usu.edu
Wed Dec 22 00:59:42 EST 2004

Hi Fernando,

Am I missing something? I don't get scipy.lib when I install from cvs, so I am wondering if something has changed and I need to checkout scipy again?

Anyway, scipy.linalg.lapack.flapack.cheev(a) runs fine here on Fedora Core 3, but I am using the blas libraries that came with the distro. Is Atlas to be preferred to blas?

As to optimization, I usually find -O2 runs faster than -O3 and that -mtune can make a big difference.