[SciPy-dev] Re[2]: [SciPy-user] Re: plot_func

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Thu Aug 5 20:12:50 EDT 2004

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004, Matt Kubilus apparently wrote:
> I hacked into the pyPlot.py
> module and added a function that essentially just sends a command to the
> hidden function that actually calls the plotting routines.  This allowed me
> to use the full functionality of gnuplot which can to way more than just
> what scipy.gplt does.

Yes, I did the same.
To pyPlot.py I added:
    def replot(self,cmd=''):
        self._replot(cmd)

To interface.py I added:
def replot(cmd=''):
	_validate_active()
	_active.replot(cmd)

This seems to work fine.
(Clue me in if it is a bad approach.)

BUT
Since I want to use SciPy in teaching,
this is really pointless unless the developers
say they will implement it.  I cannot ask
students to do such things: they need to use
the software as downloaded.

Clearly users want this.
Can we hear from a developer please?
Or can someone tell me if there is a process
for submitting such changes.

Thank you,
Alan Isaac