[SciPy-dev] releasing scipy..

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Mon Apr 19 06:44:22 EDT 2004

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> > Does this need to go into 0.3 (i.e. rebuild the binaries to include it)?
> >
> > It seems our 'tagging' is a bit shaky at this point.
> >
> > Travis
> >
> It's not critical.  Some shared libraries were just installed into the
> site-packages directory instead of underneath in scipy.  Shouldn't
> affect any behavior.
>
> -Travis O.

I agree that there should not be any affect on the behaviour, though it
introduces mismatch in tagged CVS repository and released binary and
source files. I just hope that nobody will notice that when using scipy
and upgrading scipy in future (the ../site-packages/moduleTNC.so will be
there foreever..).

Anyway, I just tagged the CVS repository with tag v0_3_0. I have fixed
several links in the new scipy.org (replaced .html->.txt where appropiate)
and it looks like we are ready to send the release announcement out. Any
takers for composing the announcement?

Few issues:
1) Need contents for
  http://www.scipy.org/development/maintainers.html
2) Top in scipy.org shows:

  PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME CPU COMMAND
  25930 zope    15   0  814M 218M  1664 S     0.0 34.7  66:42   0 python2.3

that is zope is taking lots of memory. Could this explain why the site is
so slow? Maybe restarting zope would free some memory?

Regards,
Pearu