[SciPy-dev] Re: [SciPy-user] Announce: Python 2.3 for Windows (Enthought Edition) now available

Gary Pajer pajer at iname.com
Tue Sep 2 23:07:33 EDT 2003

Just gave it a whirl.   Some problems.

The first thing I did was, from a DOS window python session:
from scipy import plt
plt.plot((1,2,3))

pythonw.exe crash, asking me if I want to send a note to Microsoft.

Then tried PyCrust shell.
from scipy import plt
plt.plot((1,2,3))

This time the plot appeared, along with an error dialog:
C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\wxPython\gdi.py:600: DeprecationWarning:
integer argument expected, got float
  val = gdic.wxDC_DrawEllipse(self, *_args, **_kwargs)

This looks like it might be a wxPython warning.  Nonetheless...

Finally
from chaco import wxplt
wxplt.plot((1,2,3))

Plots the data, but again an error dialog:
C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\kiva\agg\agg.py:611: DeprecationWarning:
integer argument expected, got float
  def draw_glyphs(*args): return
apply(_agg._GraphicsContextArray_draw_glyphs,args)

Again, it looks like a warning, but ...

so far I'm 0 for 3.

bugs?  or am I buggy?

-gary