[SciPy-dev] build scipy on freebsd

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Tue Oct 28 02:57:29 EST 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Ying-Chieh Liao wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 00:59:27 -0600, Pearu Peterson wrote:
> > On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Ying-Chieh Liao wrote:
> > > but I want to build a "port", something like rpm/srpm
> > > so that every FreeBSD user around the world can use this package by simply
> > > a "pkg_add" or "make install"
> > > that's why I need a source tarball instead of cvs checkout :)
> > But it is easy to create a source tarball also from cvs checkout:
> > #checkout scipy to cvs/
> > cd cvs/scipy
> > python setup.py sdist -f -t blah
> > that will create a source tarball into dist/ directory.
>
> I mean, an official one :)

Yes, we are all looking forward to it:)
On the other hand, note that if we would make the tarball now that should
work perfectly under Linux (and may be on other platforms as well) then
under freebsd it might not be as smooth as you just discovered. So,
to support freebsd in offical tarball someone has to test CVS scipy first
and together solve any merging issues.

Regards,
Pearu