[SciPy-dev] building RPMs

Anthony Joseph Seward anthony.seward at ieee.org
Mon Oct 20 14:35:47 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 10:40, Pearu Peterson wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Anthony Joseph Seward wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to streamline and simplify the building of my SciPy RPMs.  It
> > would greatly help if the MANIFEST.in and setup.cfg files that I've
> > attached are included in the scipy_core/scipy_distutils directory.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> Could you elaborate why do you want these files included to
> scipy_distutils and not to scipy_core? Scipy_distutils is not meant to
> be packaged standalone. See PACKAGERS.txt.
>
> Pearu

If scipy_distutils is not installed before f2py, then f2py installs a
version of scipy_distutils which will then conflict with the one
installed by scipy.  I was installing a scipy_distutils RPM before
making f2py.

Why is scipy_distutils not meant to be distributed standalone?

Tony
--
Anthony Joseph Seward <anthony.seward at ieee.org>