[SciPy-dev] matFile module

Heiko Henkelmann heiko at hhenkelmann.de
Wed Oct 15 18:15:57 EDT 2003

Dear All,

due to popular demand on this list I'm giving you the chance to look at a
module which I'm currently developing. I'm not done with it but I figured in
terms of avoiding duplicated efforts it would be a good point to show it to
you. It is a pure python implementation and enables users to read ML Version
5 compatible files. At this point it is able to read anything but sparse
matrices.

Not having looked at Nigel Wades matfile I can't tell you what the
differences to my implementation are.

Feedback, especially on cross platform compatibility and every kind of test
results would be very welcome.

Thanx

Heiko