[SciPy-dev] Re: [SciPy-user] MatrixMarket I/O Functions for scipy

Nils Wagner wagner.nils at vdi.de
Fri Nov 28 03:03:56 EST 2003

-------------------
Hi Nils,

On Thursday 27 Nov 2003 1:37 pm, Nils Wagner wrote:
> Afaik, there exists only a Fortran routine for this purpose.
>  http://math.nist.gov/~KRemington/mmio/mmiof77.html

	Since the source code is available, it is (fairly) trivial to
wrap the
f77 code using f2py and g77. This will allow you to call said
functions
from within python (+scipy).

	May I recommend you read the f2py tutorial? It is to be found
on
<http://www.ifi.uio.no/in228/scripting/doc/python/fc/f2py-tutorial/
tutorial.pdf>

	Best luck
José

Hi Jose,

A google search on Python MatrixMarket yields
http://people.web.psi.ch/geus/pyfemax/pysparse.html
It should not be stand-alone solution for myself.
I guess, many users will benefit from the feature
(I/O of matrices in MatrixMarket or Harwell-Boeing format), if
it becomes a part of scipy.

Any suggestion ?

BTW, the Harwell-Boeing seems to be supported by scipy
http://scipy.net/cgi-bin/viewcvsx.cgi/scipy1/sparse/SuperLU/SRC/
zreadhb.c?rev=1.2

How can I invoke this function in scipy ?
A small example is appreciated.

Nils

--
José L Gómez Dans			PhD student
Tel: +44 114 222 5582			Radar & Communications Group