[SciPy-dev] Reason for failuresinscipy.test() ?

Jeff Layton jeffrey.b.layton at lmco.com
Tue Nov 25 09:23:01 EST 2003

Pearu Peterson wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Nils Wagner wrote:
>
> > Pearu Peterson schrieb:

> > > google: sse sse2
> > >
> > > Eg read
> > >   http://www.tommesani.com/SSE2Intro.html
> > >
> > So, this feature belongs to Intel processors - I am using an AMD
> > processor.
>
> That's not true. Also AMD cpus may have sse, etc.
> Please, use google!

Well, it's sort of true. Some Athlon CPUs have SSE,
not SSE2. I don't think the Opterons have SSE2,
only SSE (not sure on that, I'll check - oops! Opteron
does have SSE2! So does the Athlon 64 and 64 FX).
Here is an article that might help:

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20030217/index.html

   Hope this helps.

Jeff

> Pearu

Dr. Jeff Layton
Aerodynamics and CFD
Lockheed-Martin Aeronautical Company - Marietta