[SciPy-dev] xplt, drawing-time...

Travis E. Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Wed Mar 12 20:18:27 EST 2003

Kasper Souren wrote:

>>Give me an example of what you want to do, and I can probably do it.
>>

>Hmm, can I also make use of your offer? ;)
>
>I like imagesc, but I want the window to be bigger (or better: resizable) and
>a possibility to have actions for the clicks would be extremely cool.
>And the zooming is a bit weird. It would be nicer to be able to define a
>rectangle by

This is the default gist behavior.  I won't be changing it any time
soon. You could have a look if you want.

>- click and hold
>- move to other point
>

>- release

You could set up a mouse command to do this using gist but it would
block input waiting for you to finish your zooming.

>Also, there's a little bug. If I do an imagesc_cb for the first time, there
>are lots of black parts, where it should it in fact be white. The second time
>it's gone.

Did you get a latest reslease.  This problem for me disappeared when I
changed the maxcolors in Mplot.py to 256 from the default 200.

Quite a bit can be done with gist if you are diligent.

-Travis