[SciPy-dev] --prefix not being accepted by setup.py now?

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Tue Mar 11 17:29:59 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, eric jones wrote:

> A few other things:
>
> 1.
> I noticed that the xplt stuff is getting built with cc instead of gcc.
> Is this intentional?  Shouldn't we use the same compiler throughout as
> the change will have meaning on systems with multiple compilers
> installed.

Fixed.

> 2.
> The xplt files seem to be rebuilt everytime I run setup.py, even if they
> have been previously built.

Fixed. However there is still one gotcha: when using the same CVS tree
for different platform, one must remove pygist/Make.cfg whenever switching
the platforms. Since pygist/Make.cfg is not used anywhere else but
in setup_xplt.getallparams() function then Make.cfg file should be
created in distutils platform specific temporary directory
(e.g build/temp.linux-i686-2.2).

> 3.
> The xplt stuff doesn't build on Sun, but I'm getting a different error.
> I've attached the output.

Fixed both finding X11 libraries and a typo that caused Python failure.

Pearu