[SciPy-dev] complex-valued remez

Chuck Harris Chuck.Harris at sdl.usu.edu
Wed Feb 5 16:46:02 EST 2003

Oops, I thought I just sent the (Python) text file as text. This
particular version should probably go into the optimization
directory. The general setting is the space of real continuous
functions on a compact subset of the real line in the sup norm.
Given a point in this space and a special sort of finite dimensional
subspace (Chebychev system), it finds the unique closest point in the subspace. Without the restriction to Chebychev systems the closest
points are not necessarily unique. Anyhow, its a type of optimization.

For the signals tools, the best version is probably an adaptation of
the current algorithm with either complex barycentric interpolation
instead of the current real version, or a combination of this with
the fft. I've given some thought to these, but haven't actually
coded them up beyond bits and pieces.

I can work these over a bit and send them in if you think they would
be useful.

Chuck