[SciPy-dev] CVS build on windows -- ATLAS_INFO issues

eric jones eric at enthought.com
Sun Dec 14 01:01:12 EST 2003

Hey guys,

I just tried building from CVS on windows and got the following error
(perhaps line numbers are slightly off due to my hacking around on it):

c:\mingw\bin\gcc.exe -O2 -w -Wstrict-prototypes -DATLAS_INFO="None"
-Ic:\python2
3\include -Ic:\python23\PC -c Lib\linalg\atlas_version.c -o
build\temp.win32-2.3
\Release\lib\linalg\atlas_version.o
Lib/linalg/atlas_version.c: In function `initatlas_version':
Lib/linalg/atlas_version.c:14: `None' undeclared (first use in this
function)
Lib/linalg/atlas_version.c:14: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once

Lib/linalg/atlas_version.c:14: for each function it appears in.)

It appears that ATLAS_INFO is getting set to None instead of a correct
value and this isn't acceptable to the printf statement in the .c code.
I haven't built in a while, so perhaps something else is wrong?

I am on windows XP, python 2.3, an older atlas (don't remember version),
and using gcc 3.2.

thanks,
eric