[SciPy-dev] CVS trouble at scipy?

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Fri Aug 22 10:15:42 EDT 2003

Hi all,

today I'm seeing some problems when I commit code to CVS.  The commits seem to
go through fine, but at the end something email-related is tripping.

Here's the error that I see:

cvs -f commit -l -m 'Clean up code for avoiding auto-call triggering on []
access.' 'IPython/iplib.py' 2>&1

Checking in IPython/iplib.py;

/home/cvsroot/world/ipython/IPython/iplib.py,v

done

Traceback (innermost last):

File "/home/cvsroot/CVSROOT/syncmail", line 329, in ?

main()

File "/home/cvsroot/CVSROOT/syncmail", line 322, in main

blast_mail(subject, people, specs[1:], contextlines, fromhost)

File "/home/cvsroot/CVSROOT/syncmail", line 226, in blast_mail

domain = fromhost or getfqdn()

File "/home/cvsroot/CVSROOT/syncmail", line 93, in getfqdn

byaddr = socket.gethostbyaddr(socket.gethostbyname(hostname))

socket.error: host not found

No big deal for me, but I figured at some point somebody may want to look into
  it.

Cheers,

f.