[SciPy-dev] Building on HP

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Thu Oct 10 14:39:10 EDT 2002

I've almost got Scipy working on an HP runing HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/785

I am having trouble linking.  On import I get errors like:

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: FTN_DTOI$ (code)  from
/grad1/users/oliphant/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy/special/cephes.sl

I believe this has to do with Fortran code not being linked in correctly.
But, I'm not sure which library, and I'm not sure how to get the setup.py
script to link correctly against this library.

Any ideas out there to either question.  Anyone seen the same issue?

-Travis

 --
Travis Oliphant
Assistant Professor