[SciPy-dev] PATCH: scipy_distutils/system_info.py

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Mon May 27 15:56:57 EDT 2002

On Mon, 27 May 2002, Pearu Peterson wrote:

> Note that this situation is not possible because lib_dir in self._lib_list
> is always a string containing the name of a directory. So, shortest_path
> is used to return actually the shortest basename as the directory is
> always the same. To avoid breaking these conditions in future, I have
> added
>   assert type(lib_dir) is type('')
> to self._lib_list method. Is that ok now?

hmm, now I look that there is no need for shortest_path as
e.g. p==[libx.so.6, libx.so] never occurs. Earlier it was possible because

  exts = ['.a',so_ext+'*']

equivalent was used. But now, detecting e.g. libx.so.6 is senseless as
linking -lx looks always for libx.so. Earlier it made sense only because
libx.so.6 was used in extra_objects list.

So, I am considering not using the shortest_path at all and the code will
hopefully look good for you :-)

Pearu