[SciPy-dev] gsl and scipy

Chuck Harris Chuck.Harris at sdl.usu.edu
Fri May 3 12:23:06 EDT 2002

> ,----
> | void gsl_siman_solve (const gsl_rng * R, void *X0_P,
> |           gsl_siman_Efunc_t EF, gsl_siman_step_t TAKE_STEP,
> |           gsl_siman_metric_t DISTANCE, gsl_siman_print_t
> |           PRINT_POSITION, gsl_siman_copy_t COPYFUNC,
> |           gsl_siman_copy_construct_t COPY_CONSTRUCTOR,
> |           gsl_siman_destroy_t DESTRUCTOR, size_t ELEMENT_SIZE,
> |           gsl_siman_params_t PARAMS)
> `----
>
> Greetings,
> Jochen
> --

Ouch... That's what I meant about design. In numerical stuff, I feel that classes
should be reserved for the top level and made out of simple components that use
standard data types, i.e., arrays and scalars. That way pieces can be pulled out
and reused or modified without bringing along tons of supporting cruft.

Chuck