[SciPy-dev] gsl and scipy

Jochen Küpper jochen at unc.edu
Fri May 3 10:18:08 EDT 2002

On Fri, 3 May 2002 11:46:51 +0200 (MEST) arnd baecker wrote:

arnd> I know of pygsl (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pygsl/)
arnd> which at present only covers a small part of gsl.

Feel free to contribute...

arnd> It seems that some of the functionality of gsl is already within
arnd> scipy - does this mean that we would end up with different
arnd> routines doing the same things ...?

Yep.  But that isn't a bad thing by itself.

arnd> Is there the possibility to use f2py etc. to generate the
arnd> necessary wrappers for scipy in an automatic way ?  (on the gsl
arnd> page they recommend: swig, g-wrap) How difficult would this be ?

Pearu,  that's actually exactly the question I was going to ask for
the last couple of months:)